The General Education program at Palm Beach State College prepares students for lifelong intellectual pursuits and responsible participation in a complex global society through a core curriculum that encourages the examination of diverse values and perspectives and offers students a depth and breadth of learning that transcends the content of any one specific discipline.
General Education Learning Outcomes
- Communications: Demonstrate effective communication skills for a variety of audiences.
- Humanities: Demonstrate an awareness of and an ability to effectively analyze creative works.
- Mathematics: Demonstrate an understanding of mathematical concepts to solve real-world problems
- Natural Sciences: Demonstrate comprehension of fundamental concepts, principles, or processes about the natural world.
- Social Sciences: Understand and apply sociological, cultural, political, psychological, historical, and economic principles to a global environment.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
- Critical Thinking: Engage in purposeful reasoning to reach sound conclusions.
- Ethics: Demonstrate the ability to make informed decisions based on ethical principles and reasoning.
- Global Awareness: Exhibit a sense of social, cultural, and global responsibility.
- Information Literacy: Demonstrate the ability to find, evaluate, organize, and use information.