Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Register with a Paper Application in Palm Beach County
1. Download your voter registration application here (English/Spanish)
2. Get a form at any Supervisor of Elections office, local library, or entity authorized by the Florida Fish and
Wildlife Conservation Commission to issue a fishing, hunting or trapping permit.
3. Get a form at any of these voter registration agencies:
- Driver License Offices
- Public Assistance Offices
- Public Libraries
- Disabilities Offices
- Armed Forces Recruitment Offices
- Centers for Independent Living
Register with a Paper Application in Martin County
Voter Registration in Florida
To be eligible to register to vote in Florida you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Be a legal resident of Florida;
- Be a legal resident of the county in which you seek to be registered;
- Be at least 16 years old to preregister or at least 18 years old to register and vote;
- Not be a person who has been adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state without having the right to vote restored; and,
- Not be a person convicted of a felony without having your right to vote restored.
Notice: It is a 3rd degree felony to submit false information. Maximum penalties are $5,000 and/or 5 years in prison.
The deadline to register for an upcoming election is 29 days before that election. You can also update your registration record at any time. However, since Florida is a closed primary election state, a party change for a primary election must be made by the registration deadline for that election. If the deadline has passed, you can still submit an online application at any time and it will be processed for future elections.
Help America Vote Act 2002 (HAVA)
As a result of the enactment of the 2002 Help America Vote Act (HAVA) by the United States Congress, Florida law (97.0535, Florida Statutes) now has new requirements for anyone who registers by mail. As of January 1, 2003, if you are a new voter in Palm Beach County, you registered by mail and you have not voted in an election for Federal office in this county you mustpresent a current valid photo identification or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck or other government documents that shows your name and address. If you wish to vote by mail you must submit, with your ballot, the same documentation stated above.
To be exempt from the above qualifications you must meet one of the following requirements:
- be 65 years of age or older when you registered
- have a physical disability
- be a member, spouse or dependent of active uniform service or merchant marine absent from the county on election day
- living outside the United States but eligible to vote in Florida