1. Use two or three keywords rather than a complete sentence
2. Choose words that are most likely to appear in the article or book
3. Avoid words that are too common or likely to appear in multiple topics
4. Use AND to connect keywords and find information containing both terms.
5. Combine synonyms or related words with OR
6. Use quotation marks when you want to search for a phrase
7. If available, search the terms in the subject or abstract field, rather than all text or smart search fields
8. Limit to "Full-Text" when available