Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General Information and Registration
- This test is also known as the Elsevier RN Admissions Assessment 'A2'
- This test is required for application to Palm Beach State's Registered Nursing Program.
- It is a computer-based test.
- The cost of the test is $60.
- With the exception of Lake Worth, appointments must be made at the Testing Center to take the test. (Lake Worth allows walk-ins)
- Students can take the HESI every 61 days , for a maximum of 3 times a calendar year .
Information on how to register, how to pay, and how to create a student Evolve account can be found here.
Passing Scores and Test Content
- A minimum score of 80 is required to be included into the applicant pool.
- A minimum score of 80 is required for the math section of the HESI to be considered.
- A score of less than 80 on this examination and/or a score of less than 80 on the math section will prohibit entrance for this period.
- Reading Comprehension--Provides reading scenarios in order to measure reading comprehension, identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words incontext, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc.
- Grammar--Contains basic grammar, including parts of speech, important terms and their uses, commonly occurring grammatical errors,etc.
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge--Contains vocabulary terms that are commonly used in both general English-speaking settings and in health care fields.
- Biology--Covers biology basics, water, biological molecules, metabolism, cells, cellular respiration, photosynthesis, etc.
- Chemistry--Contains test items that cover matter, chemical equations and reactions, the periodic table, atomic structure, nuclear chemistry,
chemical bonding, etc.
- Anatomy & Physiology--Provides coverage of general terminology and anatomical structures and systems.
- Math--Focuses on math skills needed for health care fields, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals,ratio and proportion, household measures, general math facts, etc.
- Learning Style Inventory--Assesses preferred learning style.
- Personality Traits Profile--Assesses personality related to preferred learning style.
For More Information
For more information, see an Academic Advisor or contact the Nursing Department:
Palm Beach State College Nursing Office (Lake Worth: AH 110)
Phone: 561- 868-3412