These items are included in your final speech outline rubric, so pay special attention here.
A good introduction does five things:
1. Grab the audience’s attention
2. Clearly state topic or theme
3. Adapt the topic to the audience (make it relatable to their lives, something they NEED to learn about)
4. Establish the speaker’s credibility (experience, research, etc)
5. Preview main ideas/arguments to be covered
A conclusion does two things:
1. Review main ideas/arguments covered
2. Offer closure and wrap up speech
******In addition, your call to action will be included in your conclusion.