TEDTracy Talk Project Learning Outcomes
1. Develop an in depth understanding and critically evaluate research on a current health issue, which is aligned with TWO of the HSC 2100 course outcomes.
2. Apply multidisciplinary concepts to a current health issue to develop education aimed at community or personal health promotion.
3. Apply high level critical thinking skills to an existing health issue in determining an appropriate and well thought call to action.
4. Apply concepts and steps rooted in theory of health promotion and persuasion and motivation in your talk.
5. Enhance college writing skills by developing advanced writing techniques to include: Topic Statement, Specific Purpose Statement, Thesis Statement, APA/MLA Reference Citation, and Speech Outline Design.
6. Apply high level critical thinking skills to an existing health issue in determining an appropriate and well thought call to action.
7. Increase and enhance information literacy skills to become skilled at critically evaluating information and information sources.
8. Develop speaking skills to enhance the delivery of the health presentation in an easily understandable entertaining, informative, and persuasive TEDTracy Talk.